Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 13, 2010, 02:23 PM   #1
mexicoguitar
macrumors newbie

Imac- logic-Tascam- podxt line 6

Hi guys

I'm just trying to move from PC to Mac and have some questions I hope you could help me answer.

I can afford to buy a new iMac , the one with 21.5 display
* 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB shared L2 cache
# 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; four SO-DIMM slots support up to 16GB
Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard

I know I will need to let go mi PC`s vsts and plugins. People with Logic said I will not miss them if I work with the new Logic version.

Ok... but:

Does this new iMac is enough to run smooth the new logic version- some mac user said to me it was to little- and that the front bus from this particular imac will let me down soon.

And in the other hand.

I have a Tascam US-122 and a Podxt from Line 6 as audio interfaces. I`ve read some threads here that both have compatibility problems and that make them work properly could be very difficult, or even impossible- based on a driver issue and on a powered hub issue respectively.

I have no idea about howMac works, only had advice from different mac users that it'll be better in the long run for my work.

I would be grateful if you could give me somo puntual advice about my case. I want to buy my iMac and work smoothly with all my hardware. If I didn't make it to have my audio interfaces to work right IŽll reconsider moving to Mac right now.

THANX TO ALL.
mexicoguitar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Comma
macrumors member

Not sure about interfaces, but I can run Logic 9 on my Macbook 2007 (2.0GHz 2GB DDR2) often with 12 to 16 tracks and little freezing.
Comma is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio