Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Sarahjane92
macrumors newbie

Singer HELP RECORD QUALITY

Hello everyone

my names sarahjane and I adore my new Macbook Pro

I recently have been updating my youtube videos by singing using my Photobooth because I want to be able to sing and Video Record.

I am not so satisfied with the recording quality and am looking for a better application or way to have that garageband sound as well as video record that the same time.

I want to be able to put effects or change the setting sound.

Is there other programs besides Photobooth that offer video recordings and great sound quality at the same time?? I tried Quicktime which was also nice but I want to have more options..

to listen check out http://www.youtube.com/user/Sarahjanelist

Thank you contact me ASAP

S Sincerly,
Sarahjane
Sarahjane92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Scorch07
macrumors 6502

I'm assuming you are using the MBP's built in mic, in which case you are NEVER going to get decent sound quality. You're going to need an external mic, in which case we'd need to know your budget to help recommend anything.
Scorch07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:15 AM   #3
m85476585
macrumors 65816

You need a real microphone to get better sound quality. The built-in one is very limited.

You should be able to split the audio from the video (not sure what the best way to do this is... Maybe export the movie as audio-only with Quicktime?), edit the audio by itself in Garageband, and put it back with the video in iMovie.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:11 AM   #4
Comma
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m85476585 View Post
You need a real microphone to get better sound quality. The built-in one is very limited.

You should be able to split the audio from the video (not sure what the best way to do this is... Maybe export the movie as audio-only with Quicktime?), edit the audio by itself in Garageband, and put it back with the video in iMovie.
A USB Audio Technica 2020 Condenser Microphone is around $100 and comes with a desk stand.

It would be my primary suggestion. Otherwise you can get a USB SM57 if you're so inclined.
Comma is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio