Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:34 PM   #1
kenoathio
macrumors newbie

Power cord/adapter HK soundsticks II- will buy!

WOW- seriously- Harman/Kardon are still going from strength to strength, even tho the come out with a plastic speaker that looks like Predator's turds (in cloak mode) & for only a grand!! and continue to offer crap customer service & no parts!
So I'm stuck with soundsticksII (which i kinda like) with no power cord or adapter- and apparently no way of replacing them!
If any of you good people have these lying around gathering dust, I'd be keen to take them off yr hands!!!
btw, i tried radioshack (meh), the aussie service centre, conexus (meh...they can't even get them- relying on customer returns for parts), various apple/jbl/HK retailers around the globe, HK factories around china, singapore, sth korea, head office, mexico, friggin THE MOON.... i bet u can get them for Predator's Invisi-crap, no-even-real-swarovski-crystal-1K-no sub speakers.............

Any help appreciated
KO
kenoathio is offline   0
Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:13 PM   #2
kretek
macrumors newbie

Where's the old adapter.
kretek is offline   0
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:19 AM   #3
kenoathio
macrumors newbie

stupid me

I bought the system secondhand, & i knew it didnt come with power supply- so basically didn't do my homework beforehand to know that parts were impossible to get. I just got a new laptop & always liked the soundsticks so i got em. cheers K
kenoathio is offline   0
Old Feb 17, 2010, 04:22 AM   #4
kenoathio
macrumors newbie

By the way, I'm in australia- but will cover postage in any case. I assume the adapter can handle our 240V power supply- feel free to let me know if anyone knows different....
cheers KO
kenoathio is offline   0
Old Mar 3, 2010, 07:02 AM   #5
jad1983
macrumors newbie

Soundsticks power adapter: original or DIY

Hi there,

I'm in Switzerland and am in the same situation. I would love to get my hands on a power adapter for the H/K Soundsticks II. What a weird socket it uses.

I'm thinking of having a electro-maniac friend build something for me, but what a drag...

So I'd also be very interested either in someone with a power adapter lying around that isn't used anymore, or anyone with experience in making a custom power adapter.
First question would be: is the socket used by the soundsticks (subwoofer) in any way a standard? can one buy that type of plug anywhere?

thanks.
jad1983 is offline   0
Old Mar 3, 2010, 06:46 PM   #6
kainjow
Moderator emeritus

You are ineligible for buying. See Marketplace rules.
kainjow is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland