Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1
IPhoneuserSuper
macrumors newbie

Uninstalled blackra1n by mistake. Unable to put it back.

I uninstalled blackra1n by mistake before I was able to install Cydia
and others.
Now I am unable to get blackra1n icon back to my iphone 3Gs. I do use
blackra1n
everytime I reboot my iphone but it won't add its icon anymore. What can
I do to fix it?
Thanks.
IPhoneuserSuper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:14 PM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPhoneuserSuper View Post
I uninstalled blackra1n by mistake before I was able to install Cydia
and others.
Now I am unable to get blackra1n icon back to my iphone 3Gs. I do use
blackra1n
everytime I reboot my iphone but it won't add its icon anymore. What can
I do to fix it?
Thanks.
So the "IPhoneuserSuper" isn't quite accurate ??

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:44 PM   #3
IPhoneuserSuper
macrumors newbie

The only user name available :-P

The only user name available :-P
Super to become. Wait and see ;-D
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:49 PM   #4
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Blackra1n detects if your phone is already jailbroken and will assume that you are just rebooting. Unfortunately, the usual remedy is to restore and jailbreak, but your phone cannot be restored to anything but 3.1.3 which will cause you to lose your ability to jailbreak. The only other thing I can think of is to try running redsn0w. Be sure to select the option to install Cydia this time!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:42 PM   #5
IPhoneuserSuper
macrumors newbie

Thank you for quick reply!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:57 PM   #6
pcs are junk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelatinist View Post
Blackra1n detects if your phone is already jailbroken and will assume that you are just rebooting. Unfortunately, the usual remedy is to restore and jailbreak, but your phone cannot be restored to anything but 3.1.3 which will cause you to lose your ability to jailbreak. The only other thing I can think of is to try running redsn0w. Be sure to select the option to install Cydia this time!
wow. that hadnt even crossed my mind. i was gonna say he could get the blackra1n iphone application from a website, and put it on via an application such as phoneview or phone explorer on a mac.
pcs are junk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:08 PM   #7
Tensakun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs are junk View Post
wow. that hadnt even crossed my mind. i was gonna say he could get the blackra1n iphone application from a website, and put it on via an application such as phoneview or phone explorer on a mac.
Not sure I'm following you here. Do you mean simply copying the blackra1n app into the apps folder, or some such place, of the iPhone using an app like phone explorer and, then, just running br when it magically shows up on your screen? Such an approach, while logical at face value and clearly appealing, seems incredible upon a little reflection. Tho if it worked I wouldn't complain...
Tensakun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:21 PM   #8
pcs are junk
Banned

yes thats what i meant. and it would work 100%. get the blackra1n app off someone elses phone or ipod. place it in / > applications, name it as Blackra1n.app. Reboot the phone and itll be on the springboard. working fully funtionally just as it should.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:19 AM   #9
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Quote:
yes thats what i meant. and it would work 100%. get the blackra1n app off someone elses phone or ipod. place it in / > applications, name it as Blackra1n.app. Reboot the phone and itll be on the springboard. working fully funtionally just as it should.
Do you know for certain that blackra1n doesn't rely on files or packages stored outside of the Applications folder? If not, you cannot say that it "would work 100%."
Old Feb 16, 2010, 02:28 PM   #10
pcs are junk
Banned

Quote:
Do you know for certain that blackra1n doesn't rely on files or packages stored outside of the Applications folder? If not, you cannot say that it "would work 100%."
ill my ipod touch is jailbroken with redsn0w. later today ill try to copy the blackra1n app from my iphone, and try to put it on my ipod. if it works then it does work 100%, if not, whatever. you already gave him his answer, i just posted what i was gonna say before i saw your post.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:58 AM   #11
Tensakun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
ill my ipod touch is jailbroken with redsn0w. later today ill try to copy the blackra1n app from my iphone, and try to put it on my ipod. if it works then it does work 100%, if not, whatever. you already gave him his answer, i just posted what i was gonna say before i saw your post.
Junk, I admire your creative thinking, but I got a feeling it ain't that simple. If it is, I'll drink a peppermint tea, maybe even a beer, in your honor.

On reflection, BR definitely depends on an iPhone being JB'en -- have found that out repeatedly. Seems like a stretch to assume that simply copying a file into the device would circumvent or actually perform the jailbreaking process. Just thinkin'.

If that imaginative technique DOES somehow work out for you, could you send me the blackra1n ipi (or whatever) file? I could give you my e-mail in a pm. 3.1.3 destroyed my BR, and I don't know anyone else here in Japan using it. Anyway, plan to play with Explorer this weekend.

Good luck!
Tensakun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 04:55 AM   #12
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
ill my ipod touch is jailbroken with redsn0w. later today ill try to copy the blackra1n app from my iphone, and try to put it on my ipod. if it works then it does work 100%, if not, whatever.
What ?!?
So if it works on your ipod then it will work 100% of the time? for 100% of people? on 100% of iDevice's?
Even if it works on your ipod you still cannot state it will work 100% of the time.
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:32 AM   #13
andybno1
macrumors 68040

pcs are junk's theory shouldn't work as the blackra1n jailbreak does NOT give you root access till you have added afc2add (which requires cydia), best option is to use redsn0w and tick install cydia and already jailbroken
andybno1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 09:09 AM   #14
sandy596
macrumors newbie

Quote:
WOW!!! this is the perfect answer..Thanks a lot!!!!
I uninstalled blackrain by mistake and now used redsn0w, it installed cydia on my iphone and then i added blackra1n.com in source and i got blacksn0w under packages. And, by just clicking on blacksn0w icon, it unlocked my phone.
sandy596 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 10:26 AM   #15
chargit
macrumors 6502a

why did we never hear a response from anyone on whether "pc's are junk" actually has a clue or not??
Old May 9, 2010, 12:50 PM   #16
andybno1
macrumors 68040

did you not see my reply?
andybno1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 02:49 PM   #17
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybno1 View Post
did you not see my reply?
I meant from pc's are junk....I was kinda being a smart ass!! he says alot of crap on here that he has no idea what he is talking about.
Old May 9, 2010, 03:05 PM   #18
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargit View Post
why did we never hear a response from anyone on whether "pc's are junk" actually has a clue or not??
Because he was banned shortly thereafter for knowingly posting bad information and providing links to trojans? Believe me, the kid was not only clueless but malicious.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:27 PM   #19
chargit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Because he was banned shortly thereafter for knowingly posting bad information and providing links to trojans? Believe me, the kid was not only clueless but malicious.
he was still on here a few weeks ago in the trouble shooting section. and I also remember someone saying he has a different name and somehow they linked him to a website. I didnt know he was banned though. he is a real idiot if you ask me!!
Old May 9, 2010, 10:39 PM   #20
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargit View Post
he was still on here a few weeks ago in the trouble shooting section.
You are mistaken. He was permanently banned on Feb. 20. He created a second account on Feb. 21, which was promptly banned. He has not been back since.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks