Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I've been using my ibook for severeal months now, and just noticed this, basically, its white, and I rest my palms on to the right/left of the mouse, and now, its turned brown not the pretty white it used to be, I tried the lcd cleaning solution that I have but it didnt do it, what can i do>?>> help!

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Also...

Real simple...

Take the battery out and scrub the resting portion of the iBook with a dampened washcloth that has a little bit of dishwashing soap on it (not more than you'd use on a countertop). Afterwards go over it with a dry part of a washcloth and dry with a hard stroke. Once should be enough, but once again the next day works wonders. Don't forget DAMP not SOAKED..you don't want anything making its way into your actual computer...but I'm sure you know that.

The best tip I can honestly give you is to let go and accept that those "marks" are going to be there because that's what happens with anything white that you touch a lot. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.