Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:54 AM   #1
tcv
macrumors newbie

Tracking via Serial Number

I have misplaced my iPod, as you could guess from the title. I believe it is just somewhere around the house, but is there anything I can do to track it via the serial number to see its general location? I don't think it was stolen, but I want to see the location, so if it is tracked to somewhere other than my IP, I can report it.

I know of apps like iHound, but I did not have anything like that preinstalled on my iPod. Is there a program I could use where I enter my sn and it gives me the general location?

Any help appreciated.
tcv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:45 PM   #2
leomac08
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
I have misplaced my iPod, as you could guess from the title. I believe it is just somewhere around the house, but is there anything I can do to track it via the serial number to see its general location? I don't think it was stolen, but I want to see the location, so if it is tracked to somewhere other than my IP, I can report it.

I know of apps like iHound, but I did not have anything like that preinstalled on my iPod. Is there a program I could use where I enter my sn and it gives me the general location?

Any help appreciated.
Well if your ipod touch was "on" and you have an active "modem" and your ipt is constantly connected to it, and if you have "app notification" like an app such as "AIM" or "FACEBOOK" and send yourself a message...you might hear a sound if you get messages with "sounds"........

Sorry to hear that.....but really I have never heard of finding a ipt via "serial number" good luck.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:07 PM   #3
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

There is no location by serial number app. If you have the MobileMe service and Location Services and WiFi enabled on the iPod touch (a lot of ifs), you can try to send a message to it and verify whether it is still in your house.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch