Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelly1432

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I wrote on this forum a while ago about problems with my macbook (I did a security update that stopped midway, which lead to the disappearance of my dock, inability to drag or minimize items or to shut down properly, etc.) I managed to fix it and now safari is acting weird. When I go to one page, it will load but safari will quit, it freezes on on twitter, and the images and words on facebook and youtube are aligned to the left. can anyone help me fix these problems? how do i make it possible so that it won't quit or freeze, and how can i align images and text to the center on youtube and facebook?

Any suggesstions will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
I would think that the easiest way to solve this problem is to reinstall OS X.

You could also try to repair disk permissions (with the hard drive utility).

Kelly1432

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I would think that the easiest way to solve this problem is to reinstall OS X.

You could also try to repair disk permissions (with the hard drive utility).

lol, i'm gonna sound stupid but how do i do that?

Kelly1432

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
thanks for the suggesstions, but the repair permissions didn't work :( did i have to click on verify disk after doind the repair permissions? and if i reinstall os x, will it ease everything i already saved on my computer?

Denarius

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Gironde, France
I wrote on this forum a while ago about problems with my macbook (I did a security update that stopped midway, which lead to the disappearance of my dock, inability to drag or minimize items or to shut down properly, etc.) I managed to fix it and now safari is acting weird. When I go to one page, it will load but safari will quit, it freezes on on twitter, and the images and words on facebook and youtube are aligned to the left. can anyone help me fix these problems? how do i make it possible so that it won't quit or freeze, and how can i align images and text to the center on youtube and facebook?

Any suggesstions will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Do you know when the security update was? How about downloading it off Apples website and trying to install it again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.