Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:44 PM   #1
OneHit89
macrumors member

Docking port wont work on Iphone 3g

I woke up one morning, and noticed that my iphone didnt charge from when i plugged it in the night before, but didnt take notice to it at all. it wasnt until that night when i went to go plug it in to recharge again that I noticed that my iphone wont recharge (use the wall outlet plug), it didnt show the charge screen or anything, as if it didnt notice that it was plugged into anything. I have come to the conclusion that the problem is with my iphone, because i have tried other cords, other outlets, and tried plugging it into my computer to see if it will sync, but no luck.

I did not drop it in water, and have checked both the sensors in the dock, and earpiece, and dont notice any pink color. However last week we did get a lot of snow, and my pocket might have gotten a little wet, dont know if got my phone wet? The phone did work for a week just fine since the possibility of my phone getting wet.

I have had my phone for 1 and a half years, up for a new one this summer (wanted to wait for the update) am I out of luck if i cant go without an iphone for 5 months?

Again, my phone works fine, havent used it much in the last day or so, its just that the dock on the bottom doesnt work, any solutions, times running out, about half a battery left. thank you
OneHit89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Gadgetgeezer
macrumors regular

The dock connectors get worn after a while. It probably needs replacing so if you cannot do it, your local repairer can.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting