Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Is it possible to remove the custom engraving?

I've seen people brushing the rear cause they like the look, and so on, but is it possible to either remove it - by removing a layer of the surface and polishing it back to the original colour, or getting a new rear case?

I've not seen any on ebay but i'm sure someone would do a rear case replacement...

KevRC4130

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2004
Massachusetts
bigandy said:
Is it possible to remove the custom engraving?

I've seen people brushing the rear cause they like the look, and so on, but is it possible to either remove it - by removing a layer of the surface and polishing it back to the original colour, or getting a new rear case?

I've not seen any on ebay but i'm sure someone would do a rear case replacement...

I doubt the engraving will lose you near as much money as how much it would cost to get a new case, if you even can get one. What does it say on it? The engraving probably won't cost you more than $25 or so, but what do I know?

bigandy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
it was an apple store laser engraving, and says:

I'm Andy's iPod! If found, please
email [my email address]

so it's pretty personal. grr.

i'll see. thanks anyways. as you can see i've just ordered a 40gb 4g, had the sense this time not to engrave it!

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
bigandy said:
it was an apple store laser engraving, and says:

I'm Andy's iPod! If found, please
email [my email address]

so it's pretty personal. grr.

i'll see. thanks anyways. as you can see i've just ordered a 40gb 4g, had the sense this time not to engrave it!

Tell them it's value added because you'll provide a lost and found service!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.