Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
When police in Navarre, Florida received a call for a noise complaint, they arrived to find a bleeding man running toward them along with his girlfriend. The man's groin was dripping blood, and he was screaming that he'd been shot...

Amanda Kelly told a deputy that her dad, William Russell Kelly Jr., had shot her boyfriend Randall Carter at their home. The reason for dad's ire, according to the younger Kelly: "He hates him, dude."

William readily admitted to the shooting, but claims a different motive. He says he unloaded his .45 revolver, which he affectionately calls "The Judge," because Carter was assaulting his daughter. "I shot him in the nuts with bird-shot because he was beating my daughter," Kelly told police.

He's been charged with aggravated battery. Carter, meanwhile, has already received his sentence for messing with an armed man's daughter.
truecrimereport.com

I find myself secretly agreeing with the dad in this one. Is that wrong?

Maybe not his choice of weapons but....

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
ouch it hurts to even think about it:(

even if the guy was wrong, the girl's father doesn't have any right to shoot somebody...that too at that place :(

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Shooting him in the groin..... Me thinks the BF assaulting the GF was really them having sex...... Why else would a father shoot a guys groin?

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
That is one very effect way to stop a guy from screwing around with your daughter for a long time.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Shooting him in the groin..... Me thinks the BF assaulting the GF was really them having sex...... Why else would a father shoot a guys groin?

+1 LMFAO!!!!!! i agree........... but why shoot the balls?!!!!! "the family jewels".............. one thing i learned from modern warfare 2.... is to neutralize the enemy in the leg.;)

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
That's ridiculous but what to you expect from trash with a gun? (Yes, I am making a judgement, based on the limited and vague facts presented.) (Some) People are too quick to pull out a gun. What ever happened to a good punch in the junk for "justice"?

If the daughter ran out of the house with the boyfriend, I'd say the boyfriend was not assaulting the girl. Had she stayed in the house with her dad then I'd say differently.

While that does sound logical, it's not necessarily true.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
Pretty terrifying to hear, as my ex-girlfriend's dad has had the habit of threatening to shoot her boyfriends...

they arrived to find a bleeding man running toward them along with his girlfriend.
Running? I'm pretty sure no matter how terrified I was of the old man I wouldn't be running after that.

JNB

macrumors 604
"The Judge" in the story isn't an affectionate name, it's the model. The only .45 that can shoot birdshot would be the Taurus Judge, a .45 revolver that also takes .410 shotgun shells. Seems to me that the intent was to teach a valuable lesson. If Dad wanted to kill the kid, birdshot wouldn't have been the "round of choice." :p

BTW, here's the Judge. Butt-ugly, if you ask me.

Attachments

• taurus-judge-410-3-inch-2.gif
    taurus-judge-410-3-inch-2.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 95

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Sounds like a pretty clear cut case of assault with a deadly weapon. Hope the guy presses charges against dad and dumps the girl asap, as crazy tends to run in families. The hillbilly comments in the article are pretty good too, yeehaw.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Butt-ugly, if you ask me.

Garbage gun. Amazes me how many people have been duped into buying one of these things. .410 is a terrible self-defense round and there are people who think this is their shotgun replacement. 45LC isn't a bad round but there's better revolvers out there for less money. The Judge such a gimmick.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Garbage gun. Amazes me how many people have been duped into buying one of these things. .410 is a terrible self-defense round and there are people who think this is their shotgun replacement. 45LC isn't a bad round but there's better revolvers out there for less money. The Judge such a gimmick.

This is a Current Events thread, not a PRSI thread.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hope the guy presses charges against dad and dumps the girl asap, as crazy tends to run in families.

Wait a minute now. Think about the possibilities here. I see a reality show about how the couple gets engaged and married. Aww yeah... Dad can walk her down the ailse with gun in hand and the church could erupt in a good ole' shootin'. Think the Hatfields and McCoy's meets Romeo and Juliet and everyone has a firearm. This is pure genius in the making. :D

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Wait a minute now. Think about the possibilities here. I see a reality show about how the couple gets engaged and married. Aww yeah... Dad can walk her down the ailse with gun in hand and the church could erupt in a good ole' shootin'. Think the Hatfields and McCoy's meets Romeo and Juliet and everyone has a firearm. This is pure genius in the making. :D
Of course! That's even more clever than the family who pretended to lose their kid in a hot air balloon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.