Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 30, 2004, 03:28 AM   #1
LaMerVipere
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to LaMerVipere
HELP! I Think My iBook Backlight May Be Dead!

I was surfing the 'net all day just fine, then I closed my laptop and put it to sleep to get some cereal.

When I came back, and opened the lid, the screen was totally dark!

I thought maybe the screen just wasn't responding, which happens sometimes, so I unplugged it and then turned it back on, but the screen was still dark.

But then I noticed, that if i shined a light on the screen I could see the faint image of the login box, but it was as if the backlight just wasn't on.

So, after 5 minutes of trying to find the cursor on the screen with a flashlight in a dark room and logging in, the computer is on and working (although a warning came up that said 'your clock is set to a time before march 2001, please change it' for some reason) but the computer says it's on full brightness, I can't see a thing, it's totally dark and the only way I can get a hint of the desktop is by going into a dark room and shining a flashlight onto the screen really close.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Could my backlight have gone out? HELP PLEASE!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers