Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
I was surfing the 'net all day just fine, then I closed my laptop and put it to sleep to get some cereal.

When I came back, and opened the lid, the screen was totally dark!

I thought maybe the screen just wasn't responding, which happens sometimes, so I unplugged it and then turned it back on, but the screen was still dark.

But then I noticed, that if i shined a light on the screen I could see the faint image of the login box, but it was as if the backlight just wasn't on.

So, after 5 minutes of trying to find the cursor on the screen with a flashlight in a dark room and logging in, the computer is on and working (although a warning came up that said 'your clock is set to a time before march 2001, please change it' for some reason) but the computer says it's on full brightness, I can't see a thing, it's totally dark and the only way I can get a hint of the desktop is by going into a dark room and shining a flashlight onto the screen really close.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Could my backlight have gone out? HELP PLEASE! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.