Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:27 PM   #1
tjust
macrumors newbie

multiple display advice for Power Mac G5

looking for some advice on some old gear...

I am trying to set up a Power Mac G5 (PPC, 2.0 Ghz, model 7,3) for use in a music/theater performance. hopefully i can power a live video/4 monitor setup using Jitter.

does anyone know about simultaneously running multiple ATI Radeon 7000 PCI cards (3 of them)? (or perhaps someone can recommend a better video card?...they are PCI slots...) this in combination with the existing AGP dual monitor output to get to 4 displays.

thanks in advance

travis
tjust is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:55 PM   #2
rickvanr
macrumors 68040

Send a message via ICQ to rickvanr Send a message via AIM to rickvanr Send a message via MSN to rickvanr Send a message via Yahoo to rickvanr
I think the Radeon 9200 is the best ATI PCI card out there. I've read that even the original Radeon is better then the Radeon 7000 too.

I'd get something like the ATI X800/850XT or the NVIDIA 6800Ultra which both run dual displays, then maybe two PCI cards.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:40 PM   #3
tjust
macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply!

i am not running any heavy video processing through these, just some pre-produced QT videos and raw live camera signal (everything SD). i don't know much about these graphics card specs, they seem to be designed for hard-core gaming which would be quite a bit more of a drain i would think...so i wonder if the Radeon 7000 would be enough.

just trying to save a little $$ which would help a lot on the project.

thanks again,

t
tjust is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs