|Feb 22, 2010, 09:38 AM||#1|
Picking the right audio interface
Hey mac users,
I have recently bought a new macbook (specs) and also bought a Akai APC40 (specs) to work with ableton live 8.
There is however, a problem on deciding what audio interface to use along with this setup. I have been browsing through all the available options on audio interfaces all day but can't seem to decide which one fits my needs. Therefor I'd like some assistance from people who are more into this kind of stuff.
- It must have a headphone output so i can monitor the cue inside ableton
- It must get the music input from my macbook since my apc40 doesn't have a sound card
- It must be able to output to a regular 3.5mm jack used on pc speakers (can also be with some sort of adapter)
- Also must have a output used on more professional speakersets like a 1/4" TRS
- It has to be USB connected as my macbook doesn't have firewire. Plus i'd like it to be usb powered
As you might have noticed I am going to be using this interface for djing and playing live sets with ableton. If you need some more details regarding my request please tell me.
Last edited by Jens1; Feb 22, 2010 at 09:46 AM.
|Feb 24, 2010, 01:48 PM||#3|
M-Audio makes some great stuff that would fit your needs, pretty portable and lots of options for interfaces .. usb too
SFXsource.com Sound Effects and Royalty Free Music Library
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need specific audio interface help||wesk702||Digital Audio||20||Mar 1, 2014 11:37 AM|
|Audio Interface||inhalexhale1||Digital Audio||8||Nov 2, 2013 09:55 PM|
|Audio interface problems||Bradzmac||Digital Audio||2||Aug 25, 2013 07:29 PM|
|Audio interface recommendations?||rgprestige||Digital Audio||6||Sep 7, 2012 09:28 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.