Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:33 AM   #1
upperblue79
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to upperblue79 Send a message via Yahoo to upperblue79
Airport Extreme and Airport Base Station

I went tonight and purchased the airport express, once I got home, I realized that it would not bridge my airport base station (b vs g), so I went back to compusa and bought an airport extreme base station. The extreme replaced my b station. What I was wondering is if I set up my old base station in another room as a bridge to help bring my internet to the front of my house, will having a b on my new g network effect the speed of the network or would I be better off trying to sell it. BTW I love airtunes, so awesome!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:12 AM   #2
sandman42
macrumors 6502a

I don't think you can use your Airport Base Station (802.11b) to bridge your 'Extreme' network. I think the bridging function is only supported by Extreme and Express.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:26 AM   #3
Darwin
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman42
I don't think you can use your Airport Base Station (802.11b) to bridge your 'Extreme' network. I think the bridging function is only supported by Extreme and Express.
Bridging is supported but Wireless Bridging is only on the newer Base Stations (Express & Extreme)

If you want to bridge the two together you will need to wire them up with an ethernet cable
Darwin is offline   0
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:30 AM   #4
upperblue79
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to upperblue79 Send a message via Yahoo to upperblue79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin
Bridging is supported but Wireless Bridging is only on the newer Base Stations (Express & Extreme)

If you want to bridge the two together you will need to wire them up with an ethernet cable
ok, guess I will try to sell the base station. Thanks

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers