Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:15 AM   #1
teamstation32
macrumors newbie

My ipod touch 2g will not detect any wireless networks anywhere , im open for advice!

I have a ipod touch 2g , i have reset everything , restored it , wiped it, cleaned it , kissed it , loved it and still nothing....... it will not detect any wireless networks anywhere , not at home or coffee shop or anything. there wifi icon next to ipod is not there, under settings > general > about > the wifi and bluetooth addresses are in there but it will not pick up a wireless network for nothing. can someone please help , ive tried everything the apple site recomends and still nothing. everything else works fine , its hasnt been dropped or gotten wet or anything like that. it works perfect except i cant get it to detect a wireless network. im missing something here can someone please help !!!!!!

i have the router broadcasting in g only , i tried mixed and still nothing but i read somewhere on here that g only works better , 16gig 2nd generation ipod touch , out of waranty. trying everything i can before i have to send it in and pay through the nose. any more suggestions would be gladly accepted. i will set router back to mixed and see what happens.

Last edited by teamstation32; Feb 25, 2010 at 05:15 AM.
teamstation32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Revomonster
macrumors regular

Maby the wireless networks hat you are trying to connect to are not on wireless B or wireless G. If they are set to something like wireless N then they will not work on the iPod. Only the 3rd gen iPod touch has wireless g though I beleve. What generation of iPod touch or iPhone do you have?
Revomonster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:04 PM   #3
mrbrightside623
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revomonster View Post
Maby the wireless networks hat you are trying to connect to are not on wireless B or wireless G. If they are set to something like wireless N then they will not work on the iPod. Only the 3rd gen iPod touch has wireless g though I beleve. What generation of iPod touch or iPhone do you have?
The 1g and 2g has G. Not just the 3g.

-Tony

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch