Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RunToTheHills

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hello,

I'm attempting to save my developer's certificate in .p12 format through Keychain Access so I may share it with another computer. For some reason, however, when I attempt to export it as .p12, the option to do so is not highlighted, unlike .cer, .pem, and .p7b. Why is .p12 the only one that is not highlighted? Can't figure this out and need to send the certificate to my senior developer.

Anyone able to provide any leads?

Thanks very much in advance.

Alan Taylor

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2006
Mississauga
the iPhone SDK 3.2 (for iPad) has the ability to make a file that can be imported into the SDK on another computer. Not used it myself yet, but that might help you.

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Hello,

I'm attempting to save my developer's certificate in .p12 format through Keychain Access so I may share it with another computer. For some reason, however, when I attempt to export it as .p12, the option to do so is not highlighted, unlike .cer, .pem, and .p7b. Why is .p12 the only one that is not highlighted? Can't figure this out and need to send the certificate to my senior developer.

Anyone able to provide any leads?

Thanks very much in advance.

No, what you need to export from Keychain Access is your private key as a .p12 file. Select Keys in the Keychain sidebar. Then select your private key, the one you used to request the developer certificate, and export the private key as a .p12 file. You'll be asked to give it a password your developer will have use to install it.

Then you can just send him a copy of your developer certificate and it will work because it can detect the matching private key in his Keychain.

jqsjqs

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2013
Make sure you have selected My Certificates in the left pane of Keychain access.

Check out this blog entry.

PixelRenderer has the correct answer here.... I was having the exact same problem and just needed to select "My Certificates" in the left pane and then I could export it to p12 properly.

yeslucky5

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2015
Fixed for me : p12 format is not hightlighted

The problem is that your certificate is not under my Certificates.

To add to my Certificates will be OK to save it as p12 format.
1.make sure keychain access is on.
2.see the top left corner, left click "Files" is next to the "Keychain Access".
3. Check the "import items" and select the certificate that you want to add.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.