Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 25, 2010, 03:57 PM   #1
tammyinkansas
macrumors member

Powerbook G4 ejects cd-r disc

I have a cd-r disc that I burned some data on with my pc. My pc crashed on me so I am now using a Powerbook G4 loaned to me from a friend. Everytime I put the disc in I get a popup window that says ' You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore'. Im given the option to click either IGNORE or EJECT. Either one just ejects the disk back out. What can i do and why wont my mac read the disc?

Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:09 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

The two possibilities are the disc is corrupt in some way, or in a format the Powerbook can't read. Do you have a Windows system available to see if it can read it?
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:15 PM   #3
tammyinkansas
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
The two possibilities are the disc is corrupt in some way, or in a format the Powerbook can't read. Do you have a Windows system available to see if it can read it?
No, unfortunately I do not. I had a Toshiba Satellite A104 and within 7 months of buying it brand new, had to send it in to Toshiba 2 different times for repairs. 3 months later, its not working again so I went out n bought 2 macs.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs