Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:33 AM   #1
Superman07
macrumors 6502a

Wordpress Questions: Plugins and Functions

Hello. I've recently started a blog with a domain I purchased and have opted to use Wordpress. The benefit is the load and go ease, but I've noticed setting things up are not entirely straight forward, I imagine in part due to how different themes manage menu options. I do have a few immediate questions, I was hoping I could get some answers on. Specifically, Pinterest and multiple page logging.

Pinterest
I had set up a Twitter account and found a plug-in that lets me choose if I want to auto-publish/push the blog post to Twitter. However, as I'm looking to set up a Pinterest account, I'm struggling to find something similar. Is this even possible, or do you have to manually pin through Pinterest itself? I've seen some tutorials where you create pin based on a URL. Perhaps this is the only way?

Also, I assumed I'd want a "business" account, so I can be for the blog name itself. Yes?

Pages
Is there a way for me to have pages with content broken out by the various categories I tag? So for example, if you had a Mac blog, you could have items tagged for Software, Laptops, iPhone. I'm looking for the ability to have page for each category, and then have relevant posts grouped under those pages, in addition to the main page which has all posts in sequential order.

Feedback is much appreciated!
Superman07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:27 PM   #2
olup
macrumors regular

I can only add something to your second question regarding pages.
As far as I'm aware of(I'm not an expert in wp), you can't categorize pages themselves, you can only do that to posts. But you can create subcategories for posts and have tags for those. Sorry I can't be of more help.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-...-to-wordpress/
olup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 06:11 PM   #3
Superman07
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by olup View Post
I can only add something to your second question regarding pages.
As far as I'm aware of(I'm not an expert in wp), you can't categorize pages themselves, you can only do that to posts. But you can create subcategories for posts and have tags for those. Sorry I can't be of more help.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-...-to-wordpress/
That did the trick, thanks! I had the Categories already set and applied to posts, I just had to find the setting buried in the appearance area and apply to the menu structure.
Superman07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development