Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wanderlust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
I have heard that Final Cut Pro does not work well with a dual processor 1.42 PowerMac G4. Something about the software being buggy with the processor, I think. Recommendations I have heard seem to be to go with the dual 1.25. For DV editing with 2 RAIDed ATA drives will the 1.42 really be a problem or should I go with the 1.25? Will I even see a difference between the 2 systems in FCP 4.5 using DV?

Post Response

budaapple

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2004
Ill.
you should just buy the 1.25

The 1.42 had some glitches running the FCP 3 and 4 I have the 1.25 dual and it works flawlessly with FCP3-4 and HD

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Wanderlust said:
I have heard that Final Cut Pro does not work well with a dual processor 1.42 PowerMac G4. Something about the software being buggy with the processor, I think. Recommendations I have heard seem to be to go with the dual 1.25. For DV editing with 2 RAIDed ATA drives will the 1.42 really be a problem or should I go with the 1.25? Will I even see a difference between the 2 systems in FCP 4.5 using DV?

Post Response

At my university, we have a lab with several 1.42 G4's running the latest versions of FCP, Soundtrack and Motion, and we have absolutely no problems. All of these CPU's have RAIDed ATA drives connected to them, and everything works together in perfect harmony. They're pretty quiet too.

And just so you know, Wanderlust, I posted this same reply to the thread you posted last week, which can be found here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/86561/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.