Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Feb 26, 2010, 03:40 PM   #1
MikeTheVike
macrumors regular

OSX 10.5 computers can't see 10.6 computers on network...

We upgraded 3 macs and used Migration Assistant to move over all files and settings. This worked great. We have noticed that other computers with OSX 10.5 can no longer see the 10.6 macs on the network. All the settings should be the same and they worked before.

Slightly unrelated, I also can't login to our backup server which was fine before. When I try to login using a login I know works on 10.5 it says its incorrect.

Thanks for any help!
MikeTheVike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheVike View Post
We upgraded 3 macs and used Migration Assistant to move over all files and settings. This worked great. We have noticed that other computers with OSX 10.5 can no longer see the 10.6 macs on the network. All the settings should be the same and they worked before.

Slightly unrelated, I also can't login to our backup server which was fine before. When I try to login using a login I know works on 10.5 it says its incorrect.

Thanks for any help!
What is the exact version of all your systems? I have tried connecting numerous machines with 10.5 and 10.6 together on both wireless and ethernet, and they seem to have no problem recognizing each other.
Soulstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:04 PM   #3
MikeTheVike
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
What is the exact version of all your systems? I have tried connecting numerous machines with 10.5 and 10.6 together on both wireless and ethernet, and they seem to have no problem recognizing each other.
OSX 10.6.2

And I'm glad you brought this up, after checking out the computer that an't connect the 10.6 computers I realized that computer was not 10.5 and it is 10.4.11...

Time to go searching again...

EDIT: the 10.4.11 computer CAN connect to one of the 10.6 computers. Not sure why it can't see all of them...

Last edited by MikeTheVike; Feb 26, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
MikeTheVike is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking