|Feb 27, 2010, 08:43 AM||#1|
Basic question - creating chapters
I've got a 3 hour long mp3 file. What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to put chapters into it so that I can skip through it on my iPhone?
|Mar 3, 2010, 10:29 AM||#2|
This might not be the easiest way, but it will work.
1. Pull your mp3 into itunes.
2. "Get Info" on the file and under "options" there is a place to set the start and stop time.
3. Set the start and stop time for your 1st chapter.
4. Use "Create AAC Version" (You have to set your import setting in Preferences). This will create a .m4a file for the first chapter. Change the name of the file you just created to "Chapter 1" or whatever you wish.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each chapter.
6. Once you have a file in iTunes for each chapter, use "Join Together" to combine the chapters into an audiobook format. (FYI .m4b is iTunes audiobook format, but it's really just an .m4a file. the"b" just tells itunes to put in under audiobooks.)
Join Together can be found here:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Toast 11 Creating chapters||jkeep||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Apr 8, 2014 04:56 AM|
|Snow Leopard File Vault Question and Basic System Password Question & Time Machine?||GordonGekko999||Mac Basics and Help||0||Oct 25, 2013 06:06 AM|
|Creating a basic website with no or little coding knowledge?||gusping||Web Design and Development||5||Aug 1, 2013 01:00 PM|
|Basic software for creating a word cloud.||StephenCampbell||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||7||Jun 9, 2013 11:43 AM|
|iDVD & FCPX: Question about Chapters||macaddict23||Digital Video||0||Dec 13, 2012 06:41 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.