|Feb 27, 2010, 08:43 AM||#1|
Basic question - creating chapters
I've got a 3 hour long mp3 file. What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to put chapters into it so that I can skip through it on my iPhone?
|Mar 3, 2010, 10:29 AM||#2|
This might not be the easiest way, but it will work.
1. Pull your mp3 into itunes.
2. "Get Info" on the file and under "options" there is a place to set the start and stop time.
3. Set the start and stop time for your 1st chapter.
4. Use "Create AAC Version" (You have to set your import setting in Preferences). This will create a .m4a file for the first chapter. Change the name of the file you just created to "Chapter 1" or whatever you wish.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each chapter.
6. Once you have a file in iTunes for each chapter, use "Join Together" to combine the chapters into an audiobook format. (FYI .m4b is iTunes audiobook format, but it's really just an .m4a file. the"b" just tells itunes to put in under audiobooks.)
Join Together can be found here:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need help with a simple app - Creating a basic tip/help guide||w...b||iPhone/iPad Programming||0||Jun 14, 2010 08:45 PM|
|Itunes Basic question - On The Go||JackVa1||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||1||Jan 21, 2010 09:57 PM|
|Basic question - Installing Apps||Savagestorm||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||0||Jul 23, 2008 02:35 PM|
|Create Chapters in iMovie?||EricBrian||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Aug 23, 2007 08:32 PM|
|How to create chapters in Word||MacMyDay||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||1||May 21, 2004 03:18 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.