Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:41 AM   #1
beermacht
macrumors newbie

Dead G5 iSight question (HC Techies)

hi everyone,

it's my first posting in the real mac area - so please forgive me for not only using "apple terms"

2 weeks ago i was thinking - hey, i need something to play with and bought a few mac's (no, i'm not mental - i worked a few years in the cell phone repair business - i can hold a soldering iron without burning my nose hairs )

so, as for now i fixed 1 imac g5 17" (ok, the display has the vertical lines - but i will try the common solution for that - when i have the time) - changed almost all capacitors, and it's alive again
today i changed some capacitors on a 20" G5 Imac - also back from the dead

but now i have a 17" G5 iSight that won't resists - one capatior was dead - changed it - but that's not enogh.
when i start it, the little wite light turns on, the fan starts (pretty decent) - but thats it, no chime, no beep, no screen activity at all.
did the smu pram reset (ok, the keyboard led is on, so it has power - but the mac did nothing at all, the light and the fan is on - thats it)

any suggestions ??
and please - i think it's a logic board problem - but i don't think that it is something big - so, no - i won't go and get a new logic board for the imac :lol:
(i fixed the other two for the fiendish amount of 10 (17") and ~7 (20") - so lets try to beat that with the isight, as for now - the used part was 0,40)

and btw - i also have a complete dead macbook 2,0 here - pcb looks good - nothing special - it's only dead (bought two - the other one had only a cracked lcd)

and if anyone has a suggestion about an nonliving TiBook 400 - hit me

thanks in advance
markus
beermacht is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs