Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
These look great but curious if the laptuk will work with a unibody macbook pro?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
If you are going to use clamshell mode, it looks pretty nice

I use the Rain mStand instead, because I want the additional screen real estate with my 23" ACD

i am curious as to why you want to clamshell instead of using 2 screens
Is it a space issue?

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA

I use the Rain mStand instead, because I want the additional screen real estate with my 23" ACD

Is it a space issue?

I use the same stand. I am also curious why wouldn't anyone want to consider using the dual-screen setup.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006

Is it a space issue?

I also have the mstand as well and use it time to time in dual screen mode (which is very nice).

But sometimes I wish to just tuck the 17" away to save space. The laptuk looks perfect to do so.

mattgoldey

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
Rowlett, TX

Is it a space issue?

I use this same stand with my unibody 13" MacBook. It's perfect. I love it. It sits next to my 24" monitor and gives me a nice huge workspace (or a place to keep my web browser open when I'm playing WoW). :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.