Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:10 AM   #1
MrCheeto
macrumors 68030

Problem connecting to computers under Network but not under Shared

On my PowerMac G4, I can go to Network and double click my two Snow Leopard notebooks. Works fine.

Then, with my two Snow Leopard notebooks, if I go to Network and double click ANY machine, it just acts like it's connecting for a split second then goes back to Network.

What gives? I can connect to these machines just fine under the Shared sidebar in Finder in 10.6. Is there something wrong with Snow Leopard, my settings...?

One small issue is that my PowerMac G4 shows up as an Apple Cinema Display to other computers. PowerBooks look like PowerBooks, iBooks like iBooks, but this one PowerMac....

Thanks for taking time out of your day to help a noob.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking