Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deorg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
I zip a couple of docs in a rar file and now I do not remeber the password. Ive heard of some programs that try to crack the file... any help ?

thanks guys

DocOnDev

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
The point was you can find lots of things googling. Add mac or OSX to the search.

http://www.crark.net/

You know, if I were trying to find a good utility for a specific purpose on a specific platform, I would first run a google search. After trying the first few items in the search result to no avail, I might be inclined to visit a reputable forum where people who use that same platform hang out. And I might inquire about the specific utility in hopes that someone could save me additional hours of trial and error.

Were that my situation (and it is), I would be disappointed if the only response I found was "use google".

Creative One

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
Ontario
Those programs do not work. Your RAR file is probably lost. Why would you RAR it if you weren't sharing it with someone?

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
You can force it open with a rar password cracker, if its likely to be a long password its probably not worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.