Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
hey all, I currently have my itunes library on my PB. I want to free up the HDD space. I have a large HDD available on my home PC. I want to move all my songs there and have them available to both the PB and my PC via my home network. I have tried this already, but I'm not sure it was successful.

questions:

1. Is this even possible?
2. If I rip a CD on the laptop, will the music automatically go to the central location, and therefore be immediatly available to both machines? Or do I have to "add to library" on both machines every time I add music?
3. same question for purchased music...
4. The Itunes preferences on the PB for the "Itunes music folder" keeps reverting to the local PB HDD, even when I point it at the network location. Is this the actual music location or the location of the .itl and .xml file?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks for the help.

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2003
So, does that mean that all my ripping and purchasing would have to be done on the machine hosting the shared library? Or can it be done from either?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.