Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 2, 2004, 02:50 AM   #1
eyeon
macrumors regular

AirPort Express question...

Okay, I pretty much have my new AirPort Express set up, however I have one minor qualm... it constantly blinks orange! In the troubleshooting section of it's instruction manual, it says that means it's out of range or is having trouble with it's connection to the internet --- for the time being, I am only using it for wirelessly streaming music, and that works great. But it still blinks orange, is that because it is not connected to the internet? It is not out of range, as I tested it right next to my G5 and it still blinked... Any insight?

Thanks.
eyeon is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:21 AM   #2
superbovine
macrumors 68030

it could be two or a combination of both:

1. You need to manual configure your internet settings. for example, did you type in your dsl password? etc.

2. You need to register or clone the MAC address (not your mac) of the last router/basestation/computer you used to connect your dsl modem. translation: each hardware device as a unique address which the isp register and won't let anything that is not on their list on the network. your airport express supports changes it MAC address to match one that is already registered.
superbovine is offline   0
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:22 AM   #3
stoid
macrumors 68040

It blinks orange to let you know that it is not connected to the internet. Since I use mine for internet as well, I'm not sure though if there is a way to make it just display a solid orange or something like that. Call Apple and ask them if there is a solution as long as nothing of that nature is listed in the manual.
stoid is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers