Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 2, 2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Yamcha
macrumors 68000

iPod Touch Dead Pixels/Lines Across Screen...

Hi Guys,

My iPod has a couple lines across the screen, long story short I was driving to Saskatoon for a day, 7hr drive, anyway what happened was all of a sudden my ipod touch's screen would turn off and on constantly.. no idea why, eventually it wouldn't even turn on, after about 30min it decided to turn on.. but now it has two lines across the screen, I don't know if its dead pixels or some other issue.. Its working perfectly fine except it just has those lines =/

heres a pic:

Anyone know how to fix this? I've searched on google with no help, I'm pretty sure the ipod touch is out of warranty, it is a iPod Touch 16GB (2nd Generation), I bought it used about an year ago, been working great until yesterday..

Last edited by Yamcha; Mar 2, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Yamcha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 05:36 PM   #2
shadowbird423
macrumors regular

Search for "pixel" in cydia (I can see you are jailbroken) and download one of the apps that comes up. The combination of flashing colors and the heat that is created as a result of the app may fix your screen. Do this at your own risk (if you monitor it while it goes on you may be able to prevent damage). This may or may not work.
Good luck!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:20 PM   #3
Yamcha
macrumors 68000

Thanks,

Will give it a go :]
Yamcha is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch