Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
I've been a pc user my whole life. Finally switched over to Mac...got tired of viruses, crashes etc. Let me tell you, I am loving it! The screen is absolutely magnificent. The OS is taking alittle bit of getting used to but its very intuitive and makes sense. I've had it for a few days and I'm learning new stuff every day. Been having a blast with the video editing. (even though I'm clueless right now on everything that is possible on it..lol) Seems like you can do a ton of things with it! I've been lurking on these boards for the past few weeks leading up to my purchase and it has helped alot. I've learned a great deal from the many knowledgable posters on here. Looking forward to being a part of the community. Quick question, I've been looking to get myself a printer/scanner that prints nice pictures. (Somewhat comparable to how they look on the computer) I cant get over how beautiful pictures look on the 27" inch screen! Any recommendations? Thanks!

toed

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2006
enjoy it

and whatever you do... do NOT do any of the screen tests out there.

If you are happy with it, just enjoy it.

Look at one of the middle to higher end Epson printers... I have an HP B9180 and it's nice, but wishing I would have gotten an Epson.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Yeah I know...I've read alot about the yellow tinging. I asked at the Apple store if they were having problems with it and they seemed like they didn't know anything about it. Maybe they are just playing dumb...I dunno. Anyway, my screen seems fine. If there is something wrong with it, it's not recognizable to my eyes so that's all that matters. I'm planning on getting Apple Care before the year is up so if anything does happen I'm covered. Curious, can the screen test damage an already ok screen?

Btw...thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at the Canon PIXMA MP560 Wireless Photo All in One Printer. Anyone familiar with this printer? Price seems very reasonable for what it does.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I've been a pc user my whole life. Finally switched over to Mac...got tired of viruses, crashes etc. Let me tell you, I am loving it! The screen is absolutely magnificent. The OS is taking alittle bit of getting used to but its very intuitive and makes sense. I've had it for a few days and I'm learning new stuff every day. Been having a blast with the video editing. (even though I'm clueless right now on everything that is possible on it..lol) Seems like you can do a ton of things with it! I've been lurking on these boards for the past few weeks leading up to my purchase and it has helped alot. I've learned a great deal from the many FUD spreaders on here. Looking forward to being a part of the community. Quick question, I've been looking to get myself a printer/scanner that prints nice pictures. (Somewhat comparable to how they look on the computer) I cant get over how beautiful pictures look on the 27" inch screen! Any recommendations? Thanks!

Sorry, had to fix that. ;) Otherwise, Congrats!! I love mine too.

Mike Macintosh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2009
Washington State
Ya, getting mine tomorrow, but don't fuss over the yellowing, chances are you will see it if it's bad in normal procedures anyways.

And if you really have to use a test that forces you to squint to see yellow, then it's not that bad and not worth returning unless it's like in your face, enjoy your machine and welcome to Machood.

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada

Look at one of the middle to higher end Epson printers... I have an HP B9180 and it's nice, but wishing I would have gotten an Epson.
Very good advice!!! I am very happy with mine also. I never tried any of the screen test and dont intend too. Right now I feel its perfect.

mreg376

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

Do the Epsons still have the problem of print heads clogging from non-use?

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
I decided on the Epson Artisan 810 All-in-One Printer. I like the design and all the reviews seemed positive. The picture printing seems very high quality.

I'm also looking to get a camera that also shoots HD video. I'm leaning towards the Canon Powershot SD1400 that I believe just came out not to long ago. It's a 14 MP camera which is a nice step up and records 720p HD video. Does anyone here happen to have any hands on time with either of these products?

Borg9

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2005

What kind of retarded advice is this? You want him to look at some higher end printers and use it with a possibly color-defective screen?

toed

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2006
read his first post ...

What kind of retarded advice is this? You want him to look at some higher end printers and use it with a possibly color-defective screen?

where he states "The screen is absolutely magnificent"...

So why on earth should he go looking for a problem if he clearly doesn't see it in everyday use?

And using "retarded" is not cool...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.