Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jillpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
I had a 2G iPhone that was unlocked & jailbroken. It worked very well & synced with iTunes. Unfortunately, my 6 year old talked me into going on the log ride. Phone was inside my purse, but still got damp enough to stop working. So, I bought a 3G iPhone that was already unlocked & jailbroken. The phone & internet work fine, but when I plugged it into my computer to do an iTunes sync the computer will not recognize the phone. The only option I am getting is to restore the phone to original settings, which would automatically include an upgrade to 3.1.3.
Anyone else deal with this issue before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
It should be possible to do the restore with your own jailbroken firmware, just checkout the iphone dev team blog.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
The only option I am getting is to restore the phone to original settings, which would automatically include an upgrade to 3.1.3.

Since you have a 3G, you can just click hold down shift (Win) or option (Mac) and click restore. This will give you the option to choose a specific .ipsw file to restore to. Download the 3.1.2 firmware from http://www.poorlad.com/iCommunity/ (it should be called iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw) and restore to that firmware. Then jailbreak with redsn0w and unlock with blacksn0w. Follow the tutorials at iClarified.

jillpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Yipeeeee!

It worked!
A big thank you to The Latinist - you are an iPhone god!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.