Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1
MvR
macrumors newbie

Multiple workgroups per user

When setting up a network user that belongs to multiple group, e.g. sales and management, that user is prompted to choose a workgroup at login.
Is it possible to automount multiple group folders, so that the user can access the files of the groups he/she belongs to? Or are users meant to belong to a single group?
MvR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:40 PM   #2
hakuryuu
macrumors 6502

Sounds to me like you should be running OS X Server or Windows Server (crazy I know, but Active directory does work better in a mixed environment in my experience) to manage ACLs. It would be easier to control access to shared folders by controlling which groups have access to them and which users are part of which groups.

I read it again, and if you are using SLS then you can add a user to as many groups as you want.
Mac Pro 3.7GHz | 12GB | D300

Last edited by hakuryuu; Mar 3, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
hakuryuu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking