Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:40 AM   #1
Insight
macrumors newbie

Continuous Beeping While Connected to Computer

Hi, I have just recently purchased an iPhone 3G. Naturally one of the first steps I took was to connect it to my computer so I could sync it with my itunes, but as soon as I connect the iphone to my computer, both the computer and the iphone start beeping continuously, on both devices, the sound they are making is the general "you have just connected me to something" sound.

However neither the iphone nor the computer respond to the connection, the iphone doesnt appear on itunes or in the list of usb devices.

If the iphone is locked it keeps switching between the locked screen and the charging screen.

- I'm currently running the newest version of itunes (9.0.3)
- My computer is running Windows 7.
- I tried replacing the cable with my old ipod cable, same problem.
- The problem only occurs when I connect it to my computer, it charges at the wall with no problems.

Thanks
-Insight
Insight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:46 AM   #2
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Make sure you have the latest iTunes. I assume you've rebooted, but if not reboot.

You also may need to reinstall iTunes.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Have you tested it in another usb port to see if that stops it happening?

By the way, are you on 64 bit Windows 7? I think there have been some usb chipset issues with the iphone on certain 64 bit motherboards.
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:36 AM   #4
gigapocket1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to gigapocket1 Send a message via Yahoo to gigapocket1
i dont think its neither the phone or the computer... If it keeps switching between charging and the lockscreen. That means theirs something wrong with the cord. Try a different cord. More than likely, the cord has a shortage..
gigapocket1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting