Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:58 PM   #1
DC2739
macrumors newbie

Can't change Ownership Permissions on mirrored RAID drive

I'm helping someone who recently cloned all of their server data from a MacPro running 10.5 server to a new MacPro server running 10.6 server. They have their network users' home folders on a mirrored RAID with no OS loaded onto it. When they made the switch, the owner permissions for all of the users' home folders were reset. When I try to change them back, either through the Finder or Server Admin, once I try to save them the permissions revert back to the incorrect owner. It won't save the changes i make. I thought the problem was a result of the newer RAID having been created in 10.5 by the old machine, but I recreated the RAID in 10.6 and transferred the data back and it still has the same issue. The homes are really messed up because of this. Any ideas?
DC2739 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 07:15 AM   #2
belvdr
macrumors 68040

Who owns the mounted volume? Say it was mounted at /Volumes/Data you could use Terminal to see this:

Code:
ls -lad /Volumes/Data
Personally, I'd use Terminal anyway, as it would be more likely to show you usable error messages, if any.
belvdr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking