Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 2, 2004, 08:23 PM   #1
jobutex
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to jobutex
Refurb PB 15" and Loose Keyboard

I purchased a refurbished 15" Aluminum Powerbook about a month ago and absolutely love it (I already own a G5 and my wife uses an iMac.) The problem is, it appears that the keyboard on this thing is starting to "peel off" in the top left and bottom right corners. There's a flat gray pad that it appears the keys are attached to, and this pad in turn is supposed to adhere to the case of the machine.

Would I be able to get this replaced at an Apple store? I don't live near an Apple store or service center (Midland, TX is pretty much "Apple-less" as far as that goes) but I will be in Dallas next month, where an Apple store is. Should I call Apple now and report the problem? Should I let the store know ahead of time so that they can have the part on-hand?

Last edited by jobutex; Sep 2, 2004 at 08:28 PM.
jobutex is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers