Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:40 AM   #1
cosrocket
macrumors member

Volume Control problem on iMac in Windows 7

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am with audio in Windows 7 on the 27 inch iMac. When I wake the iMac from sleep in Windows 7, the on screen volume window pops up and runs up to full volume and I cannot lower it. I then go to the volume control in the task bar and try to lower the volume there but as soon as I bring it down it runs right up again, very strange problem.
When I checked under device manager there were two audio devices with drivers, one said Cirus device driver and the other High Definition Audio driver from Microsoft. I uninstalled both and rebooted and let Windows 7 automatically install the drivers, now there are two devices that say High Definition Audio Device, it no longer says Cirus. Problem is it did not resolve the issue.
This happens when the iMac has been asleep for around half an hour or more, if I wake it after just a few minutes I donít have the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
cosrocket is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac