Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmatthews14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
Utah
I will be selling my iphone sometime today, and I need to erase all of my personal information from it... but I've heard bad things about the reset all settings and content button.

They guy wants the phone jailbroken with all the apps I have still on it. So I dont want to just re-jailbreak it.

Is there a fast, and easy way of erasing all the personal information from the phone without manually going through one by one?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Theres an app on cydia that would delete all your contacts called "erase Contacts".
Then go in and delete all your text messages and remove your email accounts.
Sign out of your itunes appstore account and other accounts you might have associated like ebay, facebook etc...
That should do it I think.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I will be selling my iphone sometime today, and I need to erase all of my personal information from it... but I've heard bad things about the reset all settings and content button.

They guy wants the phone jailbroken with all the apps I have still on it. So I dont want to just re-jailbreak it.

Is there a fast, and easy way of erasing all the personal information from the phone without manually going through one by one?

I'd advise you Erase All Content and Settings to ensure all your personal data is deleted as a malicious person could recover deleted files on your iPhone.

I would erase, restore and use Pwnage Tool to jailbreak. This is if it's an original iPhone, iPhone 3G or iPhoen 3GS that has the SHSH values stored in Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.