Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsherid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
I need an automation curve for one of my tracks that STARTS with the low-mids and slowly ENDS with high treble. How can I get this effect?

Currently I'm doing it manually in the Visual EQ to see how it sounds, but I don't know how to record what I'm doing (i.e. dragging the point in the Visual EQ from the low-mid to high treble).

newuser2310

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-06 at 12.11.11.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-06 at 12.11.11.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 231

deej999

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
As newuser2310 says you need to automate the settings.

Click upside down triangle in the track next to the pan control. Then from the drop down menu click on Add automation.

choose the automation parameter you want. Click on the blue line to create a dot. now move the dot and you are changing the parameter .

Best videos on how to use Garageband are here
http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/garageband09101

33% discount is here
http://www.macprovideo.com/cart/code/10NLE33

Well worth the money!

deej

Andruuu

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
Each Real Instrument and Software Instrument track has automation curves for volume and pan. The master track has curves for volume, pitch, and tempo. To make changes to a track’s automation curves, you need to show the track’s curves in the timeline.
To show a track’s automation curves:

Click the triangle next to the Lock button in the track’s header.

The row for the automation curves appears below the track in the timeline.
2. Choose the curve you want to work with from the pop-up menu at the left of the row.
3 Click the rectangular LED next to the name to turn on the curve for editing.

The curve is a horizontal line extending the length of the track. If you move the track’s slider (for volume curves) or dial (for pan curves) before adding any control points, the entire curve moves up or down to the level of the slider or dial.

thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.