Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbsteven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
I have a MAC (Tiger) OS X 10.4.11 Currently have an 80g ipod that works great with Mac.

Problem is: purchased an ipod shuffle for older family member with the intention of loading a number of her favorite songs but the Mac does not recognize the shuffle....not on desktop or on itunes library menu.

Any help would be great.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I have a MAC (Tiger) OS X 10.4.11 Currently have an 80g ipod that works great with Mac.

Problem is: purchased an ipod shuffle for older family member with the intention of loading a number of her favorite songs but the Mac does not recognize the shuffle....not on desktop or on itunes library menu.

Any help would be great.

What version of iTunes are you running? It looks like you need OSX 10.4.11 (which you have) and iTunes 9.0 or higher.

jbsteven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
What version of iTunes are you running? It looks like you need OSX 10.4.11 (which you have) and iTunes 9.0 or higher.

Yes I have iTunes 9......it is not appearing as an error or any message....just nothing is happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.