Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leonay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Hi,

i've just installed Windows 7 pro (oem version) on my macbook pro (unibody june 2009 edition) - installation was quick and painless. I made sure to install the boot camp drivers/leopard from the discs within Windows, however win 7 is still unable to detect my NVidia GeForce GT 9600 graphics card.

It's detected instead as a 'standard vga graphics adapter'. Tried to install latest driver from the NVidia website, however during the installation process it comes up with an error message stating it 'cannot locate any drivers that are compatible with current hardware' and exits.

Completely stumped. Could anyone help me out?

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Did you run Boot Camp 3.1 once you completed the install and got into Windows? (3.1 is downloadable from Apple) Not sure if that's part of the install disk you used or not.

Boot Camp 3.1 update...

I don't know about MacBooks, but when running Windows 7/Boot Camp on my Mac Pros, I have always downloaded and run the Windows version drivers for the GPU I'm running and that's worked well for me.

For example:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_195.62_whql.html

leonay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Thanks Hmac, however i cannot run 3.1 as i am using Leopard OS X, not Snow Leopard.

:s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.