Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synthetic

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Somewhere in Iowa
I just bought a 5th gen 16gig iPod Nano today, got it ready to use and all loaded up with music then plugged in my Skull Candy earbuds and was shocked at the horrible sound quality... I pulled out the earbuds that Apple supplies and it still sounded terrible. I had a 4th gen Nano and a Touch that worked great, is there something that I'm doing wrong?

LateOne

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2010
S . Yorks
Just a thought

When my new Nano (4th gen I think ) sounded terrible I exchanged it at the store and the new did as well !. In desperation I did a Restore and the difference was as night and day. Sounded fine then.

I wasn't very happy to have to do a Restore 'out of the box' but at least it did the job.

Hope it works for you too.

Synthetic

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Somewhere in Iowa
Well your not going to believe this... Headphones weren't all the way shoved in the Nano... Chalk this one up to user error...

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
plugged in my Skull Candy earbuds and was shocked at the horrible sound quality...

I know you solved your real problem already, but seriously...Skull Candy's are the other problem. Go get yourself a better set of headphones, those things are terrible, even the 'design' is pretty bad on most of them, IMHO.

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
I know you solved your real problem already, but seriously...Skull Candy's are the other problem. Go get yourself a better set of headphones, those things are terrible, even the 'design' is pretty bad on most of them, IMHO.

Agreed. I got a free set of Skull Candy earbuds with my 5G nano. They sounded like complete crap. The stock earbuds that come with the nano sound sooo much better.

Invest in some good earbuds, your ears will thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.