Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Hey there... I click on About this Mac, and notice the "More Info" is greyed out and unable to be clicked....

What did i do wrong with this?

Also, when I try to change the colorsync colors... I am unable to do this, as it won't let me calibrate the 'generic RGB' profile. I kindof want the colors to appear as they do on an eMac, but I cant get it to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Are you an administrator on the account? Some kiosk mode apps, and some restrictions could be in place. i.e. is it a Lab computer?

If this is your Mac, then try rebooting, and running Disk Utility and repairing permissions.

mulletman13 said:
Hey there... I click on About this Mac, and notice the "More Info" is greyed out and unable to be clicked....

What did i do wrong with this?

Also, when I try to change the colorsync colors... I am unable to do this, as it won't let me calibrate the 'generic RGB' profile. I kindof want the colors to appear as they do on an eMac, but I cant get it to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Thanks for the help, but it is still greyed out even after repairing the hundreds of permissions it had to repair.

Hrmmm could it be because I moved System Profiler? *shrugs* =(

^^^ and if it was, where is the default place for the App.... Colorsync utility?

Thanks

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Umm, yes it could be because of that. Its never wise in OS X to move apps around. I have never tried moving System Profiler, but it makes sense it would break the About this Mac screen.

As for color sync go to System Preferences, go to Monitors/Displays and select Calibrate.

Put ASP back and see if it works better.

mulletman13 said:
Thanks for the help, but it is still greyed out even after repairing the hundreds of permissions it had to repair.

Hrmmm could it be because I moved System Profiler? *shrugs* =(

^^^ and if it was, where is the default place for the App.... Colorsync utility?

Thanks

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Yes that was the About this mac problem... thanks all who helped.

And about the colorsync thing.... it won't let me calibrate it because

"The factory display profile for this monitor could not be found."

I assume I'm getting this because I have a DVI-VGA adapter on it... but i'd think I would still be able to calibrate the colors. :(

Ah well I guess I can still adjust RGB values on the monitor itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.