Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 8, 2010, 02:34 AM   #1
luigifonti
macrumors newbie

Accessing Windows Printer

When my Mac Book worked with Leopard, It automatically showed a Network item on Finder's sidebar, with the other nodes of my domestic LAN, including Windows and Linux PC's, and when I tried to add a network printer via Samba, it was automatically detected in Windows tab.

Now, with Snow Leopard, the things are different: I don't see a Network item.
Every time I turn my MacBook on, I have to tell him to connect to a Windows node, and after that, I only see the hard disk of that node.

But the worst thing is that it is impossible to add a network printer: no workgroups, nodes, and printers are shown, and the windows tab in Printer dialog is always empty.

I would like to have access to a dialog box in which was possible to manually enter the printer path, like: smb://NoStore/Lasterjet1015, as I do from Linux machines, but I can't find a similar tool.

Can you help me ?
Luigi Fonti
luigifonti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking