Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
I read a few complaints when the Apple BT keyboard came out about lags...and since I want to do some gaming I wondered if this was still the case and if people had found it a problem?

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
JeDiBoYTJ said:
I played Call of Duty using my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, and it works perfectly :) just as well as a wired one

Ok, thats good to know. I think I'll get the apple bt keyboard today and hope they dont bring out the rumored metal one at least until next year...

clr900

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
Does anyone have the logitech mx900 bluetooth mouse and use it for gaming, I am thinking about getting one but don't want any response lag.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
OK, I got my apple key board. Response rate seems fine, although I'll need to play a few hours of game to know for sure.

Setup was easy although took a while to do the firm ware thing.

I must say the keyboard keys are pretty basic in terms of feel and response.

Now, does anyone know how I can easily program my function keys to alter my screen brightness (F1 and F2) like my powerbook?

erroneous

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2004
In normal use I never see lag from the BT keyboard.

However, If I'm using it with my powerbook, and using an 11g network connection to copy files from my desktop G5, then it lags, glitches, sometimes even disconnects. Same effect shows on a little Bt500 Bluetake mouse. It's not noticeable if I'm just surfing the net - the effect shows up when doing local file copies that transfer data more quickly (2Mbyte/sec max vs my 200kbyte/sec net connection).

Since Bluetooth and 11g use the same part of the spectrum (I'm told) I guess they interfere with each other.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
aswitcher said:
Now, does anyone know how I can easily program my function keys to alter my screen brightness (F1 and F2) like my powerbook?

F14 & F15 should do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.