Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:25 PM   #1
OziMac
macrumors 6502

Bluetooth keyboard going crazy

Hi

I have an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with a bluetooth dongle for my G4 and have the following problems-

- G4 won't discover bluetooth devices when turned on so they have to be set up each time;
- Keyboard goes crazy at times repeating typed characters at times like crazy and locking you out of fixing it.

Anyone else have problems like this? Ideas on whether it's the keyboard or possibly the software or bluetooth module? Or does this just happen with these devices?

For reference, I am using 10.3.5 and the latest bluetooth firmware.

Responses appreciated. Thanks.
OziMac is offline   0
Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:38 PM   #2
MoparShaha
macrumors 68000

I'm starting to have problems with my BT Keyboard. It seems to coincide with using AirPort Express audio streaming. The connection to the keyboard gets dropped every few minutes. Pretty annoying. Haven't had problems with keys being repeated though. I figure it's just something wrong the last BT update.
MoparShaha is offline   0
Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:40 PM   #3
JeDiBoYTJ
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to JeDiBoYTJ
I found that I had similar problems when I first installed my BT mouse and keyboard. It wouldnt re-discover the mouse or keyboard after I put my powerbook to sleep. What I found works is to repeatedly press the mouse button and wiggle it. it should work after a few seconds without have to re-pair it. same with the keyboard, just hit a couple keys repeatedly until it responses.

I dont know what to tell you about your keyboard going crazy, there must be some kind of interference going on somewhere...
JeDiBoYTJ is offline   0
Old Sep 3, 2004, 08:43 PM   #4
OziMac
macrumors 6502

Well, now that you mention it, I am using Airport Express (in addition to the wireless network we already have)... will try turning some of those off and see what happens... will let you guys know, thanks.
OziMac is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers