Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
im trying to go from 3.0 to 3.1.2 and im getting this error, what should I do??

I have an iPhone 3GS btw

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010
-- edit --
i just repeated what Applejuiced just said..

after it's reloaded, you may have to remove the line to activate the phone.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
Open up cydia and look at the top of the screen it should list if u have shsh's saved and for what firmware.
Assuming u were jb before and clicked the "make my life easier" option on cydia.

im currently jailbroken on 3.0 right now, and it says my device has SHSHs on file for 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
im currently jailbroken on 3.0 right now, and it says my device has SHSHs on file for 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3

If you are currently jailbroken and have old bootrom (yes to both I think), make or get a custom restore 3.1.2 IPSW, put your phone in recovery mode and use iTunes to select the custom restore 3.1.2 IPSW. Will bypass checks. You have to option+ (mac) or shift + (PC) the restore key to be able to browse to 3.1.2 custom restore IPSW.. It should start with 2,1......

Don't select 3.1.3 by mistake.

how do I save shsh's thru Cydia?? are they automatically saved?
Once you or even former owner if there was one, pushes Make my life Easier button, all SHSH for every new version of firmware is stored automatically. So yours was started when 3.1 firmware was signed and will keep collecting as new firmware is released (as long as you remain jailbroken)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.