Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:44 AM   #1
chipandegg
macrumors regular

Indexing samples on a hard drive

Have quite a lot of sample CDs from different music technology magazines, though haven't actually done anything with them.

After reading around I came to the conclusion to get an internal hard drive just for the samples.

I also read that the samples need to be indexed, while on the drive, is that done automatically? How do you go about doing that?

I'm kind of taking one step at a time with all of this.
chipandegg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:42 AM   #2
c-Row
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to c-Row
There was a similar question in this month's issue of Computer Music... I don't remember the name of the program they recommended, but I can dig it out later.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:11 PM   #3
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipandegg View Post
Have quite a lot of sample CDs from different music technology magazines, though haven't actually done anything with them.

After reading around I came to the conclusion to get an internal hard drive just for the samples.

I also read that the samples need to be indexed, while on the drive, is that done automatically? How do you go about doing that?

I'm kind of taking one step at a time with all of this.
Are you asking about the "Apple Loops Utility"? This converts sample fies to loops and adds markers and medtadata. I think this must be what you are looking for.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio