Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:46 PM   #1
franklebel
macrumors newbie

HELP!!! Modify system alert messages or modify system actions

i was wondering if it was possible to modify system alert messages.
i represent a digital printing company and we just updated our file server to mac os x server 10.5 on a G5.
we use the server to store all jobs that will be printed.
thing is we don't want anyone to delete files by mistake.
so when they hit CMD+Backspace by mistake an alert message would pop up saying they shouldn't delete the file and put it in a temporary trash folder in case we need it in the coming days.
or
if possible. is it possible to delete a file from the server but instead of deleting it completely from the system when we do this action while being connected remotely to the server it would go in a temporary trash and once a week we would delete the trash can.
some sort of action modification when we delete the file it would go in a temp folder.

is what i am asking possible

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking