Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:04 AM   #1
stear88
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G screen won't turn on after replacing digitizer

Ok so I replaced the broken digitizer on my 3g.
When I put back together the screen won't turn on
but it vibrates and rings. When I replaced it the screen
was on at the time would that matter. I put the LCD
on my girls iPhone and it worked fine but it's not working on
mine. Any ideas?
stear88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:30 AM   #2
chargit
macrumors 6502a

do you know how to do a full restart? hold the home button and the off/mute button down at the same time. it may take 30 seconds or so, you will see the slider to turn it off but keep holding, it will go dark and then you will see the apple logo. sometimes this does the trick!

you should never work on them when its turned on. you may have also blown the proximity sensor but you wont know until it restarts.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 03:17 PM   #3
phebert27
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stear88 View Post
Ok so I replaced the broken digitizer on my 3g.
When I put back together the screen won't turn on
but it vibrates and rings. When I replaced it the screen
was on at the time would that matter. I put the LCD
on my girls iPhone and it worked fine but it's not working on
mine. Any ideas?
So it's been a few months since the issue here has been addressed. So for any future folks with this problem, here is what you want to do:

First if you have not done so prior to replacing the damage parts, disconnect the battery as the first thing you'll want to do.

If you have already gone about the business of replacing the part and its now not working like this situation here, then disconnect the battery, make sure all of your connections are good with the part you replaced, then reconnect the battery. Put phone back together. Then hold down pwer and home button at same time untill Apple Logo appears. Plug into itunes and this should fix your problems. I had a problem like this before and this fixed it. Now I know to always disconnect the battery first
phebert27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:17 AM   #4
pdaviesoz
macrumors newbie

Battery?

Now I know to always disconnect the battery first

The battery is at the bottom of the iPhone. You cannot disconnect it first.
pdaviesoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:18 PM   #5
gvegastiger
macrumors regular

Actually disconnecting the battery first is usually the first thing you do when taking it apart. You have to unscrew the connector and then you can remove the battery.

I did this, did a restore, etc and still just a backlit black screen on my 4. Don't know what else to try.
gvegastiger is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting