Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 12, 2010, 04:07 AM   #1
chipandegg
macrumors regular

Duet/itunes/ output volume

I have a Duet, though I think there is something glaring obvious that I'm missing about volume. Whether that be setting the Duets volume, Logics, itunes etc

For me its all about volume, I'm never to sure what to set or whats going on.

Right now I have itunes playing and the itunes volume is set to about 75%.

- The duet encoder is set to OUT, I've turned it all the way down, can't hear anything though when I look at the Duet the OUT put level is still there (going up and down) why is that?

Next, I turn the encoder all the way up yet the OUT put level is still the same, it doesn't increase, its evidently the same on Maestro Control OUT put level as well.

- Yet when I increase Itunes volume the OUT put level increases a lot, in clipping territory.

- So the App volume takes precedence over the Duets?

- On the Maestro mixer, there is From Software (from itunes) and To Hardware (to monitors?), what should these be set as?

A long post though if anybody could shed some light on this, it would help me out quite a bit!
chipandegg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:23 AM   #2
brmaki
macrumors member

As you change the Duet's output volume, that won't affect the level coming into the Duet from iTunes. What I generally do is set iTunes' volume to 30-50% and then adjust the Duet accordingly.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:58 PM   #3
pkoch1
macrumors 6502a

The level shown on your Duet is the input volume to the Duet. That's why iTunes affects it, but the Duet volume doesn't.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio